Little did I know

Little did I know I would get such a kick out of knitting! In March of 2010 some of my girlfriends were planning to get together for dinner and “knitting.” I told them I wanted to learn to knit. So they told me all I needed was #7 knitting needles and yarn. A couple days before we were to get together I went to the craft store and bought my yarn and needles. While there I came across a knitting instruction book, Learning to Knit in Just One Day by Jean Leinhauser. g g g I couldn’t wait. I was so curious, excited just to try. Stitch by stitch I learned first to cast on. Stitch by stitch I learned then to knit. And stitch by stitch I moved on to purl. What a riot. It was so fun to see the rows taking shape. At dinner my girlfriends taught me their tricks and encouraged me. g g g I then discovered Knitting Tips by Judy YouTube videos. She is a great teacher! Check her out for any stitches you want to learn or need to clarify. I was amused as I learned more and my husband would genuinely pat me on the back every time (yes, every time) I played “show and tell” with my new projects. g g g So, thank you to my teachers, my friends and my husband for sharing this joy with me.

g g “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” – Father James Keller g g

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Revive Scarf

The scarf below is the Revive Scarf.  I got the pattern at Monarch Knitting and Quilts in Pacific Grove, CA on the Monterey Peninsula.  You can find them at www.monarchknitting.com.  I really like the diagonal pattern the stitches create.  I used Rowan yarn/ baby alpaca/ lima line in the color of Guatemala.  If you want to see some beautiful patterns you can find them at www.knitrowan.com.  

Thank you - to Joan from Monarch Knitting and Quilts for giving me permission to share with you the pattern for this scarf.  Enjoy.

Revive Scarf:

3 balls of Rowan Revive (50g/109yrds. per skein)
Size 6 needles
Cast on 35 stitches.  (I made my scarf more narrow and cast on 27 stitches)

Repeat these 4 rows-
Row 1 - K3, *K2tog, YO* Repeat between *s to last 4 stitches, K4
Row 2 - Purl
Row 3 - K2, *K2tog, YO* Repeat between *s to last 3 stitches, K3
Row 4 - Purl

Repeat these rows until you have desired length.  End with row 3.  Bind off all stitches Purlwise.
*For best results block scarf to open up the lace and to make it less curly on edges.
*For Fringe - When you are about to use your 3rd ball cut your fringes first so you don't run out.  Cut 108 12" strands.  Hold 3 strands together for each fringe.  Attach fringe using a crochet hook to form half hitch knots on ends. Put 18 fringe on each end.  






No comments:

Post a Comment