Little did I know

Little did I know I would get such a kick out of knitting! In March of 2010 some of my girlfriends were planning to get together for dinner and “knitting.” I told them I wanted to learn to knit. So they told me all I needed was #7 knitting needles and yarn. A couple days before we were to get together I went to the craft store and bought my yarn and needles. While there I came across a knitting instruction book, Learning to Knit in Just One Day by Jean Leinhauser. g g g I couldn’t wait. I was so curious, excited just to try. Stitch by stitch I learned first to cast on. Stitch by stitch I learned then to knit. And stitch by stitch I moved on to purl. What a riot. It was so fun to see the rows taking shape. At dinner my girlfriends taught me their tricks and encouraged me. g g g I then discovered Knitting Tips by Judy YouTube videos. She is a great teacher! Check her out for any stitches you want to learn or need to clarify. I was amused as I learned more and my husband would genuinely pat me on the back every time (yes, every time) I played “show and tell” with my new projects. g g g So, thank you to my teachers, my friends and my husband for sharing this joy with me.

g g “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” – Father James Keller g g

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Easy Lace Scarf


Are you intimidated by lace?  I was (still am a  bit), however, this scarf is really easy and looks great!  I have made it twice and just love it.  This one is a gift I haven't even sent off yet, but wanted to share it here.  I made this one out of Bernat Bamboo yarn, color Dill.  Have you ever felt this bamboo yarn?  You won't want to put it down!  

This pattern is free on lionbrand.com and it is titled Cotton Lace Scarf.  (I have yet to make it out of cotton.)  The pattern is below.

Easy Lace Scarf

Size 8 needles (the scarf picture below was made with size 10 needles)

Cast on 23 sts.
Row 1 - (wrong side) K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2
Row 2 - K3, *yo, k1, sk2p, k1, yo,k1; rep from * to last 2 sts., k2
Row 3 - K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until desired length (about 5 feet)
I bind off on wrong side purlwise.

sk2p - slip 1 stitch, k2tog, pass slipped stitch over





No comments:

Post a Comment