Little did I know

Little did I know I would get such a kick out of knitting! In March of 2010 some of my girlfriends were planning to get together for dinner and “knitting.” I told them I wanted to learn to knit. So they told me all I needed was #7 knitting needles and yarn. A couple days before we were to get together I went to the craft store and bought my yarn and needles. While there I came across a knitting instruction book, Learning to Knit in Just One Day by Jean Leinhauser. g g g I couldn’t wait. I was so curious, excited just to try. Stitch by stitch I learned first to cast on. Stitch by stitch I learned then to knit. And stitch by stitch I moved on to purl. What a riot. It was so fun to see the rows taking shape. At dinner my girlfriends taught me their tricks and encouraged me. g g g I then discovered Knitting Tips by Judy YouTube videos. She is a great teacher! Check her out for any stitches you want to learn or need to clarify. I was amused as I learned more and my husband would genuinely pat me on the back every time (yes, every time) I played “show and tell” with my new projects. g g g So, thank you to my teachers, my friends and my husband for sharing this joy with me.

g g “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” – Father James Keller g g

Monday, October 29, 2012

Headband with Flower

I have made this little headband with the flower for my sweet niece, Ella, and some of my younger friends.  It is so cute and you can make it in a couple of hours.  I have more pictures of this project if you would like to see how the flowers are made. I am happy to share them with you.  I have sewn a safety pin to the back of the flower so it can be moved and it can make the headband adjustable to fit the girl's head until you can sew it to the correct size.  Also, you will see that I used Paton's stretch yarn.  This worked out great for this project.  

Smidge Headband

I found this pattern at www.h3dakota.com  

Flowers

I found this pattern on YouTube at Knitting Tips with Judy.  Type in flowers and she will do a great job of walking you through it.  She is great!  










No comments:

Post a Comment